9:09 PM

Holly make-over, I mean take-over...

Posted by Shauna |

Hi, My name is Holly and I am a low maintenance girl.

It isn't that I don't like to look nice.
It isn't that I don't want to look nice.
It is just it takes so much effort...

I have tried to change.

If you don't believe me, please click here for the story how I nearly caused the heart attack of a Barney's world famous make-up artist.




The good news for my low maintenance ways is that I recently found a haven. A haven for girls of any maintenance level:



Splurge Salon.

So when the girls at Splurge suggested a mommy make-over for burbmom.net (the greatest Flower Mound, Highland Village, Bartonville, Lantana, Argyle and Double Oak, Texas website and social network ever created. Amen.) I jumped at the chance. Those Splurge girls have mad skillz and nice tile.

Of course when my burbmom.net (the greatest Flower Mound, Highland Village, Bartonville, Lantana, Argyle and Double Oak, Texas website and social network ever created. Amen.) business partners found out, they weren't satisfied with just a perk-up of my current style...

NO!

They wanted drama.
They wanted change.
They wanted Jennifer Garner.



Sure! Who doesn't want Jennifer Garner?



And so the process began. Danna worked on my color.



Seriously people, did Holly just post pictures of herself in foil?



Yes she did.
And she is still talking in third person.
Please make her stop.
Now.


While I was waiting for my color to color (super technical beauty term), I surfed burbmom.net (the greatest Flower Mound, Highland Village, Bartonville, Lantana, Argyle and Double Oak, Texas website and social network ever created. Amen.).

See, I told you this is a haven...



Oh, and then there was the eyebrow issue. Again.



Jenna expertly crafted contoured brows from bushy overgrowth. She started with wax.



And then I died.



Whew. I came back to life for the haircut.



And then Jenna used her invisible scissors and special-magic-gun-pointy hands...



OK, she really used real scissors, but it was magical.

And then it was finished.

*drum roll*


*wait for it*


*wait for it*




Ta-dah!

I love it. I am still a little freaky every time I pass a mirror or window but I am having fun getting used to it.

Thanks to the girls at Splurge Salon.

Thanks to Shauna and Bianca who created a take-over in this make-over...

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a brave soul. VERY PRETTY, INDEED!

Shauna said...

Dont we love Holly??!?!? So pretty. So funny. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

WOW. YOu are even cuter now. And I didn't think that was possible.
But the bravery to post such pictures....welll you deserve a medal or something!

Awesome.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Yay for you! You look great! Eyebrow wax is one of the best creations ever!

Wendy said...

Way to go! Everyone needs a little bit of pampering every once in a while.

Dark hair is good on you :-)

Debbie said...

Great make over. They did an awesome job. I love the brunette look too.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Welcome to the sassy brunette club!

Amy Fichtner said...

Wow, that is totally different, but I love the brown. Great Job!!

Rachel said...

Woo Wooo!! Love it :-)

HAwtness.

Connie said...

OOOOOOooooo! I love it! I am a reformed blonde and I love my dark hair...plus changing your hair color is required when you are in the witness protection program.

Ali said...

i LOVE it! you look HOT!

Jennifer S said...

You look great! Jennifer Garner's got nothing on you...

I know that feeling of not recognizing yourself in the mirror (just went through that not long ago!)

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness, that IS dramatic. But, you look very Jennifer-ly. I like it!

PAPATV said...

I went all ADHD and scrolled down to the bottom and wowzers VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL.

What a great team!!!

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! Its a whole new Holly!!!!!!!

EatPlayLove said...

Love it! I went dark a few years ago, but the light crept back in! How fun and sassy...

the planet of janet said...

you look HAWT, g/friend! (but doesn't your holly's-animated-life pic need a makeover too now?)

Manic Mommy said...

I wanna be Jennifer Garner, too! (except for the whole Ben Afleck thing).

You look fabulous!

Ash said...

Fierce AND fabulous!!!

Heading to burbmom.net (the greatest Flower Mound, Highland Village, Bartonville, Lantana, Argyle and Double Oak, Texas website and social network ever created. Amen.).

Em

Anonymous said...

I'm going brown, too! Must be what all the cool kids are doing.

And your eyebrows ain't got nuthin' on mine. Brooke Shields recently filed a restraining order against my eyebrows. True story.

Anonymous said...

"special-magic-gun-pointy-hands"
*guffawing*

Holly = chic!

Madge said...

i can't believe it! you are beautiful. but wow!!! where is my holly?

Jenni said...

Beautimous, my dear!

Anonymous said...

Holly rocks the makeover. You look fabulous!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

While the after is hot, the before was pretty good looking too!

JCK said...

As you know, I think you are gorgeous. But, I am all for having fun and shaking things up. And painful waxing that leaves you feeling fine! If burning a little...

ShallowGal said...

ShallowGal has the same before hair color and has considered going dark for the winter. You look awesome!

xoxo, SG

PS:Talking in the third person is a hard habit to break, just ask ShallowGal.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love the new colour. It really brings out your eyes, which are a really pretty colour.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

You look super fantastic!!! Love it!

Roger Miller said...

That looks like so much fun!! Except maybe the whole waxing of the eyebrows - that cannot feel good.

It does look great though!