8:37 PM

Chase's Tragic Weekend

Posted by Shauna |

Chase had quite an eventful weekend. It all began on Friday morning. I recieved a frantic phone call from Kip saying that Chase had gashed his eye open from a falling iron. Luckily the iron was not on and it could have been a lot worse. So we got through that tragedy on Friday. We are in the front yard on Saturday afternoon for about 20 minutes. We come inside and I notice a bug bite on Chase's foot. No big deal. We get in the shower and within about 3 minutes, he is covered from head to foot in hives. His ears doubled in size. He was coughing. Everything was swelling. I freaked - I took him straight to the minor emergency clinic in Flower Mound. They examined him and gave him an antihistime and a steroid shot (he didnt even cry). Within a half of an hour - he looked a lot better and today he was completely fine. But we couldn't just end the drama there - Chase took a good fall outside today and scraped up his arm pretty bad. He also reached up and touched a pan on the stove. Then he slammed his finger in the piano bench at my mom's house. He is safe and sound in his bed right now and I feel pretty confident that the spells are over. I tried, in all of the drama, to take some pictures but the camera's battery died on me. Sorry - I am sure he will still have a black eye tomorrow so I may still have some time. Good night!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh my gosh!!! Poor guy! I probably would have been in hysteric-panic-breakdown mode! Put him in a padded room for the next couple of years.

Anonymous said...

Roomate, that is all just very funny to me! He is just such a BOY!

I am glad that he made it through without any permenant damage!