9:36 PM

You Won't Believe This...

Posted by Shauna |

Chase crashed again today!!! Kip called me at work around 6:45pm and told me that Chase had "CRACKED" his head. Now, to me, CRACKED would involve some definite bleeding and an emergency room - but CRACKED, in reality, mean a pretty nice bruise - in addition to the face full of them that he has. They were playing in the living room and Chase was running around Kip. He tripped over Kip's feet and fell, head first, into the base of the couch. What is up with this kid? I am seriously going to take him to the doctor to find out what is wrong with him. Kaycee and I were discussing how his head is just in the clouds most of the day. He is a sharp kid - as sharp as a 2 year old can be - but just kind of spacy. I know that this is probably a stupid thought but Chase had a ton of ear infections as a baby and he has tubes in his ears now. I just wonder if his equilibrium is not as stable as it could be. I am sure that I am thinking too far into it, but who knows.

On another note: Hurricane Rita
Kip and I have been talking this evening about how much we need to be proactive about the possible effects of this hurricane on Dallas and on our home. I would really like other peoples' opinions on this. We are doing some research into the safest places in our home in case of tornados. I expect to lose power because we do even with a little thunderstorm. I am calling tomorrow to have a patch of our roof fixed because it leaked when it last rained. I will probably go fill up my car with gas tomorrow, buy some bottled water and candles. My mind is going in a million directions. It seems kind of silly but it cannot hurt, as we have seen. I am trying not to stress out about it, just to think soundly about precautions we can take. Please feel free to post with advice! Goodnight.

2 comments:

RyAnn said...

Poor Chase. I feel so bad for the little guy! He looks tough though. I won't stress too much about the hurricane but it never hurts to be safe and prepared!

Mary Beth said...

I am just wondering what all the long term effects are going to be. The gas thing has worried me and being a christian I always ask my husband, "Do you think this is the end of the world?" He still says no.......hmmm....Just Kidding! I have just been floored by all the tragedies happening.