We had a regional meeting in Austin, TX this weekend. I was very reluctant and annoyed that I had to go but I put my smiling face on and made the best of the trip. I really liked Austin - Kip says that is the one city that he would move to - I dont know if I liked it that much, but I did think it was a cool city. For anyone who is from Austin, answer this for me - Why in the world is that highway called MoPac? It caused me a lot of problems while I was there. The google directions called it MoPac, my husband called it MoPac, locals called it MoPac - but I did not see a single sign referring to Highway 1 as MoPac. This could have been a contributing factor to how lost I was in Austin. I did learn alot about Austin and Texas history while I was there (we participated in a scavenger hunt around downtown). I feel like a bit of a 6th street expert now. We did encounter a few obstacles in our scavenger hunt though. First of all, there was a KKK rally going on in downtown Austin on Saturday. That is never good - but to make it a little worse, we were made to wear bright white DeVry polo's all day. So there were groups of us running around town in those all day. We recieved a few angry glares until they read our shirts. Also, there are a ton of homeless people in downtown Austin. I felt like a moron running around town asking people stupid questions about armadillos and jackalopes when there were people who desperately needed help all around. It just seemed a little ridiculous. It put a lot of things into perspective.
On another note- my family survived the weekend without me. I didnt really doubt that they could, but I am very impressed with Kip. There were no traumatic accidents, no one starved, Macy didnt cry all night because he couldnt hear the monitor because he sleeps through it every other night...oh - did I just say that?! :0) The point is that he did a great job and I should go out of town over the weekend more often! :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am very impressed!! I don't think Justin would make it and we only have one child!
Glad you had a little get away. A KKK Ralley?!?!? Crazy! I didn't know they still had those!
Post a Comment