Monday morning I found out that a friend that I have had for about 5 years, passed away on Sunday. Her name is Phyllis Rose and I worked with her at HTI before I came to DeVry. She was diagnosed with cancer about 18 months ago, had a bone marrow transplant about 6 months ago, and came down with pnemonia a week ago. She is maybe the first person that I was really close to that has passed away. I saw Ms. Rose every single day for about 3 years. We went to lunch together about twice a week. I went to a few doctor's visits with her. We chatted on the phone a few times each week.
Ms. Rose was really fiesty - she was a fighter and she was full of life. She taught me a lot - I have been thinking about that over the last few days. I always put concealer on with my ring finger now because she told me not to use my pointer finger or I would get wrinkles. I am also more aware of the food I eat because she was very cautious of preservatives & the chemicals in food. She would always bring her own bottle of water into a restaurant. She was very passionate about helping the people that we work with and helping them make a better life for themselves. She encouraged the passion that I have for my job. She trusted in God that He would take care of her. And I believe that she has peace now that she could never find here.
So, I thought that I would make a little tribute to Ms. Rose because she made a great impact on my life and I hope that I live my life with every bit of spirit and passion that she did throughout her years here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was very sweet. I'm sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.
I am so sorry for your loss. It is a very special person that makes such a lasting impression on the lives they touch. She is at home now and at peace. May your memories be of the best times you shared. Love Carla
I'm so sorry you've lost such a dear friend. I'm really glad that you knew she is a believer! That makes all the difference in the mourning process.
I am sorry to hear of the death of your friend...the good part is that you enjoyed many good times together...I am so grateful for the dear friends in my life, and you are one of them!!! Love, Pat Price
Post a Comment