Well, we had such a fun weekend in Houston. On our way down to south Houston on Friday, we stopped at our friends, Jason and Sarah's house. And then we went and had some great Mexican food with them. We ended up at Megan's house around 9pm. We sat up talking until about 11pm and then we fell fast asleep. Mackenzie woke up very early - I think she was just so excited to be in a different house. So - we woke everyone else up and began the day. The kids played and had a great time. Here they are playing outside - we really tried to get a picture of the 4 of them playing but I couldn't - Megan may have one on her site (www.mookarama.com).
They also watched one of Connor's favorite movies - something that my kids are just not accustomed to...It was a monster truck video - My kids only watch Barbie movies, Angelina Ballerina, Starflyers, etc. So - a good, masculine boy movie was just what they needed.
Then, Megan and I decided to get ready and go to Tricia's baby shower. We were both craving Chili's so we left a little early so we could stop and eat. Can I just stop right here to say that MAPQUEST is aweful! I have taken the long route so many times because of that thing. And, it doesn't help that the streets in Houston each have about 3-4 different names. Needless to say, we drove around looking for a Chilis for an hour and we ended up having to drive through Wendy's because Chase and Mackenzie were having MELTDOWNS - before the meltdowns, Mackenzie did take a little nap in the car - check this out:

I have no idea how she slept this way. It can't be safe or that comfortable. Anyhow - we arrived at Tricia's house and had a wonderful time visiting. Sam, her new baby, is soooo cute. And it was mostly a lot of fun to catch up with my wonderful old friends. I just love all of them. Unfortunately, Chase was exhausted and kind of out of sorts so I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked visiting but that is ok. Kip came to the rescue and we headed home yesterday evening. Now - here comes the good part. We left Houston around 4:30pm. Chase just cried and cried and cried. I ended up having to crawl into the backseat and hold him the entire ride home - around 5:53pm, Kip said to me: "Shauna, you proved your point." ( I made it a point to look at the clock and take note of the time)
This comment is one that I have been waiting to hear for the past few months. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know what I am talking about - if not, Kip thought that we should take a road trip up to Cape Cod, MA in September for Laura's wedding, and I really felt like this was a nightmare of an idea. I was right. I love to be right! :0)
So - we are flying there. I am so excited. I am going to reserve our cottage next week - Kaycee and Fran have already done so - I hope I don't have any problems getting one. You need to check out the sweet cottages that we stay in - they are so neat - the website is www.seasidecapecod.com - I really recommend visiting up there and staying there if you need a great place to vacation with your family. Ok - well Sea Side Cape Cod owes me something for that plug now!
Well, I am going to go get my house in order so I can focus on work this coming week and get some things rolling! Have a great week!
6 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good weekend!! Even better, you get to fly!!!!! That's funny that it takes so long sometimes for them to realize!!!!
It sounds like everything went great! I love the picture! (especially Conner's behind)
I am so glad to hear that you are going to get to fly.
I am so glad to hear that you are going to get to fly.
Being right ROCKS! Mere said you guys had a great time, old friends are the best kind.
Those cottages are so cute! Yay for flying! Although...Megan has some pretty crazy "flying with kids" stories too ;)
Post a Comment