1:33 PM

Stones

Posted by Shauna |

I think I have a kidney stone - I am actually pretty sure that is what it is. Yesterday, I had this ache in my side all day and it got worse and worse into the evening. Luckily, I have a fabulous husband who picked up pain medicine for me and I slept well. This morning, I felt much better, but I think it has just shifted or is a very small stone. I have gotten tinges of pain throughout the day but nothing to send me to the emergency room which is what usually happens.

So - I thought Kidney stones would make a great blogging topic:

I got my first stone when I was a sophomore in college - it was about 7am and I collapsed on the bathroom floor in my dorm because I couldnt bear the pain. Tricia somehow got me dressed and drove me over to the campus nurse...no help...nothing would help but morphine...but we didnt realize that at the time. Oh - also - I barfed in Tricia's car the entire time. I think that I throw up because the pain is so bad. So - after that, I think that Tricia and Audrey or Meredith drove me to the hospital - I was admitted and stayed there overnight - my parents even drove up from Dallas to be there for me. I was scared to death - it was the worst pain ever.

Next stone was about 2 weeks after Mackenzie was born...I had to have that one laser blasted to pieces in order to get it to pass. It was too big.

I am sure that I got another one between Chase and Macy but I cannot remember when - I dont think that it was right after he was born but I could be wrong - remind me if you remember. Ohhhhh....I remember going to Las Colinas Medical Center and my dad coming up there because he was the only one around. That sucked.

Another one right after Macy was born...and I mean RIGHT AFTER - I was still in the hospital and I knew that was what was happening but the nurses didnt believe me. So I had to deal with the pain and ended up going home with it a few days later...I had that one for about a month. I did so many scans and scans and scans with that one - it was rediculous. The Urologist told me there was no way that I would pass it because it was huge...I showed him!! Then I was going through the process of lab work to find out why I get them. I caught the stone and sent it to the lab - had the blood work done - THEN - they told me that I would have to collect my urine for 24 hours and keep it in the Fridge - NO THANKS!!!! We had a newborn and 2 crazy kids running around - it just didnt happen. So - here I am -

Another stone...I think.

I really need to get that lab work done this or next time - these must stop.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

ooohhhh I cannot even imagine that kind of pain! I always get UTI's and they put me in tears, I would go crazy if I had one of those. SORRY!

(How about PB the other night?!?! It was soooo good! I was worried that this season was just going to be drug out and boring, but NOPE!)

suzspeaks said...

I hope you get some relief!! I've had two stones myself! One 4 weeks before Jaxon was born, and the other last November - 2 days after Thanksgiving!

NO FUN AT ALL! The pain is terrible - worse than labor!

You need to have the lab work done...

feel better soon!

29again said...

My boss gets them and the dr. told him no cokes or dark drinks....I don't know why but he just drinks water and sprite and stuff...Hope you get better.

Love ya!

heatherw said...

Shauna that's horrible! I hope you feel better soon!