Macy and I are starting Mission: We Need a Break today! Macy has, over the past few months, decided that she does not need to take a nap in the middle of the day. And that doesn't really work for me. Or her for that matter. She is too smart and too rotten to stay in her bed when I lay her down in the shining daylight - so today we are starting something a little different. I recently turned the doornob around on her door as to lock the child in her room when necessary.
Please note: Before you call CPS on me - have some kids.
This technique is not used unless necessary! About 10 minutes ago I sat down with her and told her we were going to have some alone time - she could rest or she could play in her room but she was going to STAY in her ROOM! I nicely closed the door, locked it, and she screamed her head off for about 3-4 minutes. Now she is very quiet. I can almost guarantee that she is fast asleep!
A few minutes ago I had this fear run through me that the kids may have left scissors in her room -in which we ALL know that child will be bald when I go in there in about 30 minutes!
Anyhow - please pray for Mission: We Need a Break. Really. The past few weeks of Mission: Shauna SAHM has been tough and I need a transformation in our schedule and structure here at the house or I will end up in the looney bin. Really.
Honestly - she has been quiet for about 10 minutes now and I can feel my brain relaxing a little! Thanks for your thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shauna, you crack me up! I'm a former kindergarten teacher so I completely understand Mission: We Need a Break! I can only imagine what it will be like with my own kids. Love that you turned the door knob around! Good luck with this new mission. Keep us posted.
You are so funny! I said the same thing tonight to Brian - I'm ready for a break!
Post a Comment