1:08 PM

What a Week

Posted by Shauna |

I have had a crazy week so far! I started Monday off with a GGGGREAT attitude and every day I have had full determination to hold onto that great attitude. It is being pushed and pulled to its limits though!

For example:

Monday - something really, really terrible happened but I am not going to tell you guys about it because you will GO OFF on me...and I am not trying to make that happen. You can call me if you know me or you can just speculate the worst if you don't. Some of you already know and it is not your responsibility to spill the beans...Laura...

Tuesday - Made my morning coffee and poured all the sugar into my cup - CRAP! So - not only did that ruin my cup of coffee but I have been out of sugar and sweetner since Tuesday.

Yesterday - Went to IKEA and had lunch with Kip and the kids - as we are eating - Macy pours her entire chocolate milk on me...ok - she didnt POUR it per se - but she spilled it and it had the same effect. THEN..........we come home...........I find the monster children pouring chocolate and strawberry syrup all over my family room floor - it is tile - but who cares...not ok. They also poured said syrup all over their bodies. This was at 2:35pm and we leave to pick up Mackenzie at 2:45pm from school. Ugh.

Today - Monsters - playing nicely out front - I am cleaning up around the house - front door is wide open so I can see and hear them...I walk out front to check on them...Girl child is butt-naked and boy child is riding away on his bike with her clothes. Girl proceeds to sit herself in the pond in our front yard.

GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK:

1. I got my website off and running- it is quite fabulous!
2. I went to IKEA yesterday and got some fun $5 curtains for my back patio
3. Gosh, there has to be something else....I have met some really neat people through my website - so....making new friends!
4. OH - this is good...I have the best neighbors EVER! Kip walks out the front door this morning and we have homemade muffins and jam on our front porch! She is truly amazing! Love ya Lauren!!
5. I think there have been a few other things but I will leave you with those!


**************

SUBJECT CHANGE:

I have been surrounded a lot by the process of Adoption lately, and I truly feel like God is speaking to me. I dont necessarily think that He is working me up to adopting another child - I could be wrong - but I dont really think that...

Last night I told Kip that maybe He is telling us to put one of our kids up for adoption! :) JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Anyhow - I am not kidding about it being all around me - Kip is even going to an orphanage with work people today. It is very strange. I would like to ask for your prayers with this. Just pray that God will open my eyes to what He is trying to tell me.

Ok - Have an awesome Thursday! Friday is almost here!

Shauna

5 comments:

Czarina said...

You're the best. Thanks for you words - I'll continue to pray for a joyful heart and clarity.

I'll share some verses with you that I read this morning as I had my quiet time...then...let me know what you think then.

Love and miss you!!

Heather J. said...

What a week........
It can only get better, right?

Ummmm, I'm gonna contact about a change...yeah I know, I just changed,but I'm thinking something more summery and maybe a little zany.

Kristen said...

ok, you got my curiousity up-will have to call...let me know if you guys want to come over and play this weekend. Oh, and you want to come to my neighborhood bunco? I am hosting next Thu at 7.

also known as shell said...

shauna I'll be definatly adding you into my prayers. I've always had the feeling in my heart to adopt also. and I loved that you kidded about putting one of yours up :)

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

I'd like to put Ella up for adoption today. You interested? he he J/K :)