2:08 PM

"I ROCK!"

Posted by Shauna |

I just went by the new community center in our town - as requested by Kip - to check it out. Our athletic club of many, many years has been bought out by the big boys in town - Lifetime Fitness. So....

I walk in. It's nice enough. Quiet....

Maybe it was the fact that it was 1:30 in the afternoon...

Maybe it was because it was Wednesday....

Maybe - just maybe - it was because it is a town community center....

BUT....it was full of a lot of really, really, really {Did I mention "REALLY"} old people.

And I love old people. I really do. My favorite new friend had on a shirt that said, "I ROCK!" - he will be my new best friend...you can count on that.

I may just borrow the shirt from him sometime next week. Because I do too, Pappy...I do too.

Disclaimer Part 1: Pappy is not his given name, nor intended to hold a derogatory connotation. It is just my new nickname for him.
Disclaimer Part 2: To some of my elder readers - these people were much...much older than you so you cannot chime in here on your recent afternoon trip to the community center.

6 comments:

Staci said...

I used to teach aerobics at the senior center to some ladies that were pushin' 100 years old! It was so fun :)

I really will email you soon about getting together...but right now I'm taking care of a sickie :(

the libbys said...

sounds good! we should get together! i'm pretty much free any night of the week....if only i could say 'any time' and quit my job! :) let me know what your calendar looks like....

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

give pappy a high five for me...

Kristen said...

Do you join???

Anonymous said...

I like Pappy too.

And I bet he does ROCK. Like in a ROCKing chair maybe!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I love Pappy too, and I don't even know him!

My mother just moved my 93 yo grandmother to the nursing home on Garden Ridge, and I'd love to know that someone young and fun was visiting, so it's good to know that you do these things.

And you do, Rock!