So how old are you today? 29??? Yes, that is what I thought.
You wouldn't be 50 would you? Noooo.......... I don't know if I realized that last night. Let's see - maybe you are only 49. Gosh, I have no idea. That is terrible. We will just stick with 29.
So, in celebration of your 29th birthday - I thought I would make a list of 29 things that I LOVE so much about you!
1. You have always had jobs where you brought home snacks to us
2. You lived in a house with 4 women and survived
3. You have always been a wonderful provider to our family.
4. You love to hunt deer - and I love to eat deer.
5. You make the best chicken fried steak and fried okra ever!
6. You love Christ & it shows in your ethics & love for others.
7. I have always looked at you as a protector
8. You crack me up
9. You crack my kids up
10. You let your grand kids crawl all over you and never complain
11. Even though you gave me a tickling complex - you were still fun enough to tickle us as kids
12. I know that I can call you and cry to you if I need to
13. You read my blog everyday
14. You love the Texas Rangers - even though they aren't any good right now
15. You moved to Florida to continue supporting your family through a new job when you are clearly old enough to retire there - totally kidding!!!!
16. You taught me how to drive a stick shift when I was 16
17. You are so laid back - it is pretty hard to ruffle your feathers
18. You seem so content in life
19. You are willing to argue with me about politics but you love me in spite of my distorted views
20. You set strong moral standards in our family
21. You have always been a wonderful example to me of business ethics & being respected in your profession.
22. You always allow mom to be right which is a wonderful example to Kip! :)
23. You love mom as Christ loves the church
24. I haven't ever really known you to have a full head of hair and I think you have one of the most handsome heads ever
25. My kids are always so excited to spend time with their Pops & so am I
26. You love to play card games
27. You have given the 3 of us 100% of your love even when we screw up (I mean, not me of course, but you know...the other two.) :)
28. You get my sense of humor because it is partly your fault that I am this way
29. You are the best dad that I know.
Thank goodness you are only 29 - I definitely couldnt have come up with 50 of these things!!! Totally kidding - I LOVE YOU!!!
Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
it sounds like he did his job, and of course much more....they said god made just so many perfect heAds, the rest he put hair on
What a lovely dedication to your Dad! He doesn't look a day over 28!
:)
Aren't they just the best? I love my dad to bitsies!
You totally crack me up!!! Happy Birthday Blah Blah Daddy ;)
My Daddy's birthday is tomorrow....I need to do a post too!!!
You totally crack me up!!! Happy Birthday Blah Blah Daddy ;)
My Daddy's birthday is tomorrow....I need to do a post too!!!
Happy birthday to your dad!
He sounds like a great guy!
Aww! That was so sweet!
He sounds like one great dad!
Happy Birthday!!
Hope you had a great B-day!!! No trip to Alaska in that stash of gifts... the hunting is great (if you've got a 4 wheel!)...
This was so beautiful to read. I can tell you really love your Dad. He sounds like a wonderful man!
Post a Comment