9:19 AM

At Home ER Morning

Posted by Shauna |

I was awake at a ridiculous hour this morning. I stumbled into my kitchen around 4:45am, only to end up with my foot on a HUGE SHARD of GLASS! I did the dramatic collapse to the floor. Looked around while I was down there and noticed a few more small shards of glass around the location of the injury. Someone had broken a glass and kept that information from me. Isn't it a known fact that you inform the woman of the house when something like that happens?

I decided to soak my foot in Epsom salt & warm water, as I got some early morning work done. The shard was in an impossible location for me to work on getting the thing out. I would have to be some kind of acrobat.

The husband woke around 7:45am.

I say to husband: "Did a glass break in our kitchen this weekend?"

H: "Yes, but I cleaned it all up."

Me: "Oh, actually, there is a HUGE SHARD of GLASS in my foot right now. (under my breath) You clearly didn't clean ALL of it up."

H: "Let me see if I can get it out."

Me: "OK"

Initial picture of this Life Threatening Accident:


Mr. Blah Blah Blogger at work - this lasted about half an hour (or MORE) by the way. I think he was repaying me for all of the snark & attitude I have put out over the years.

Check out that fancy lighting device from the garage. Pretty sanitary if you ask me.

And finally - The glass is out - I am healed.
Hope your Sunday has started out better than mine!

10 comments:

Em said...

You are hilarious :0)

Czarina said...

Nice one

Anonymous said...

I died laughing at this. Not that you were in pain...but the graphics were AWESOME

Texasholly said...

I think this has serious potential as a new TV program next fall.

Anonymous said...

i once had a roofing nail stuck in my foot.. so cry me a river cry baby.

Shauna said...

Did someone anonymous just comment that I was a cry baby??? I think so. Let me go ahead and set the record straight - I have birthed 3 children and about 15 kidney stones...I am the furthest thing from a cry baby!

Melanie said...

I can't believe people actually leave nasty comments on someone else's blog...Crazy...Hope your foot is feeling better!
Oh and I have birthed 3 kiddos also and only have had ONE kidney stone when I was 9 months pregnant..Those things are WORSE than child birth!

Mary Beth said...

Did someone seriously just leave that comment?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe people who leave nasty comments....

But anyway the day after Christmas I was walking my dog and got a 5 inch piece of glass in my foot. Had to be taken to the ER and it hurt like hell!!! I didn't have to get stiches but I couldn't walk on it for about 4 weeks.

After I finally recovered I got another piece of glass stuck in my heel. It was small but it too hurt like hell. Instead of going to the ER I got some tweezers and fingernail clippers and after two hours managed to dig it out. All better!!!

Sorry about your foot and my novel of a comment. Love the pics by the way!!!

Kim said...

Awww.....I feel for you! Why is it that the smallest things can hurt the worst? I would have been a huge baby! By the way, love the pics! lol!