Today is Halloween and the candy madness has already started. The kids had candy all day yesterday, this morning and I am sure they have not stopped at Kaycee's this afternoon. That and the time change are really messing up our schedule. Everyone was wide awake at 5:00am this morning. They were not at all phased by the fact that it was still dark outside and cartoons were not even showing on PBS yet. That should be a clear sign that kids do not need to be awake yet. I am sure that tonight is not going to be the night that everyone gets back into their routines! I will probably need to give it a few days.
On another note - I have decided that there are all different kinds of "smart." I was a little concerned and disheartened last week when Mackenzie brought home a report card from her preschool. There are a good number of areas that Kenzie is exceptional in - She knows her full name, she knows the letter A, she can show you all of her upper extremeties, she has excellent social skills, and is pretty coordinated. But I was pretty bothered by some of the areas she is behind in. She is having counting issues and letter issues... kind of the core areas of education these days. But I decided yesterday that she is still a genius. We were talking about Halloween and she said: "Next is Halloween, then it is Christmas, then it is Easter, then it is Mother's Day." Show me a 4 year old who knows that! :0) Just kidding - I am sure that there are tons of them, but I decided that we can work on the other areas, I am confident in Mackenzie and I think she is quite intelligent!
I hope that everyone is safe tonight and I pray that it stops raining so we can load up on candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Post some pictures of their halloween costumes!
What a smart girl to know the order of the Holidays, and social skills are very important!
Post a Comment