It is funny how we all seem to be back to our blogging now that we are back to working. Is it odd that we have so much more time on our hands when we are at work opposed to at home? Well that is exactly the case for me. Here is a little update of the holidays - Christmas was wonderful - it just gets more and more magical for the kids as they get older. I never got around to telling this story of Mackenzie and Kip's shopping trip and I have to share this:
First - they spent one day before Christmas shopping for yours truly. I talked to Kip that morning and he told me what they were doing - as we were getting off the phone - I asked to talk to Mackenzie. I asked her what she was doing that day and she proceded to tell me that they were taking a trip to Nini and Opi's house and that was it. BLATENT LIE. I was so shocked that she could make up a story right there on the spot. Then, that afternoon, I called Kip and they were at the mall - we talked for a minute and then he handed the phone to Mackenzie - I asked her what she was doing - She completely sidetracked me by saying "Ok, I love you mom....bye" She avoided my question and moved right on to get off the phone with me. You know this is my fault - I made such a fuss when she spilled the beans about Kip's party that she has learned how to come up with a cover up story right on the spot. What have I created?
Ok - and Mall story #2 - During the shopping trip, Mackenzie needed to use the potty. Kip stood outside of the ladies room while Mackenzie went inside to do her thing. Kip noticed a few ladies coming out of the restroom laughing - finally - a lady stopped and asked Kip if that was his daughter inside...She proceeded to tell him that Kenzie was sitting in a stall with the door wide open, talking to everyone about how she was so good at pooping on the potty. She is so funny - I laugh so hard everytime that I think of that story.
Anyhow - I love the holidays and spending time with family - we really do both have great families. We are so blessed.
Oh - and I skipped bootcamp 2 times and started back today - ouch. But I have lost 1 pound over the holidays...when you think about that - I think it is pretty impressive - I am on my way - I am shooting for 3 lbs a month! If I do that for one year - I will be smaller than I was in college.
I may have to get into some of my 2006 goals in another post - I dont want to bore you! Oh - I start back working from home next week - YIPPPEEEE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
roomate i am STILL laughing about kenzie and I think I will for a long, long time. Oh my word, that is SO funny!
You have the best stories friend! When are we going to get together? Soon I hope! Thanks for commenting on my blog...you are right, that keeps me going. Becuase I know you are out there eagerly awaiting my next post!
That is the funniest story. After meeting mackenzie for the first time, I can totally see her talking to everyone walking by! That is soo cute. You will have to write that in a journal or something so years from now, you and Kip can look back at it. Funny!
I had to read that to everyone up here at work!! I love it!!
Post a Comment