4:26 PM

TimeShare

Posted by Shauna |

About 2 weeks ago I recieved an obvious piece of junk-mail and strangely decided to open it. More strange than that, I decided to call the phone number at the bottom of the obvious scam advertisement. The telemarketer was very convincing so I called Kip immediately and convinced him to take Thursday, February 9th off of work for the day so that we could drive out to Tyler, TX for a timeshare presentation. I had been praying all that week that God would fix money situations. I just knew that this was His answer for us and that we would win $40,000 in cold, hard CASH just for listening to a 90 minute presentation. So, we made a 2 hour drive to Tyler yesterday (on Kip's birthday) - as we drove, we talked about what exactly we would do with the $40,000 and worst case scenario where we were going to go for our $1500 shopping spree. We listened to the used car salesman, I mean Kyle - the timeshare salesman, and walked around The Villages Resort. Now, I wouldn't exactly call this a "resort" but it did have putt-putt golf and an arcade which is pretty impressive!
Anyway - We told Kyle that we could not afford the $1,585 down and $300 a month, so he brought in his boss man...who gave us a deal of a life-time with only $700 down and $250 a month. We still could not afford that. So they brought in a woman who we thought was just going to get our comments on the day - but she tried to sell us on a TRIAL deal for $75 down and $80 a month. It was crazy. We were not suckers. We left without a timeshare.
But - we did not win the $40,000. We do have two semi-free trips though which is great! One of them is to Las Vegas and Kip had a revelation that maybe that is where we are going to win big! I will keep you updated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shauna,
you are too funny! At least you ended up having Kip all to yourself....That alone is a grand prize!

Reminds me of the time Danny & I headed to the Cape with delusions of grandeur. We didn't get the big prize either....we won(?) a two-man pleasure boat that turned out to be an inflatable raft! LOL
It is fun to spend the afternoon dreaming of the lifestyles of the rich and famous tho!

Mary Beth said...

Hey-you are better than us. We opted for the "wel'll come clean your carpets for free if you watch our demo"......yup we now have a VERY expensive Kirby vaccuum!!!