10:04 AM

Busy Bee

Posted by Shauna |

A few days ago, Mackenzie asked me why I am so busy all of the time.

My profound child.

I have decided (once again) that I really need to cut some things out of my busy, busy life - but what in the world can I cut out - they all seem to hold such priority. First, I cannot cut out Kip, Mackenzie, Chase or Macy - that just won't work. I cannot cut out work right now - just need the money. I cannot stop cleaning my house because Kip will leave me. I cannot stop working out because Kip will leave me (just kidding - but I need this for my sanity and my health). I don't do too much with friends right now - I usually just fit in a lunch in the middle of my work day or a conversation on my cell phone on my way home from work (or blogging of course). Cannot cut out church because I just can't. I really don't know what I am missing or if anything is missing that I could get rid of. Any ideas?

I have decided that I am a little OCD about the cleaning and I just need to ease up on that or get help. Mental help. ie: I hate hate hate dirty counter tops - they have to be bleached white clean - I dont mind stuff on them so much as I mind residue, stickiness, etc. Also, I vaccuum the floors about every other day. I am doing laundry constanty....I mean constantly - it never ever ever ends *which I guess makes sense since we are constantly clothed and showering*. I have decided that I am going to completely keep track of my hours for the rest of this week to see what I am doing with my time. I know that this makes me even more OCD but oh well. I will let you know how the week goes!

4 comments:

Mere Ware said...

Friend...I haven't been posting lately. Please don't hate me. I usually just have time to read and catch up on your life and then I have to deal with young ones. I hope ya'll get to come this weekend. I think it will be fun! And we will finally get to talk in person!! Amazing. I don't know what you should cut but when you decide, let me know. I need help with that too!

Mary Beth said...

You really ARE my twin!!! Our biggest fight around the house is my OCD about cleaning. Justin absolutely hates it because he says it stresses him out that I am always doing some sort of random cleaning. I broke mine down to certain things I will do on certain days and that helped. (Although I break that rule almost everyday!!)

momsuet said...

Ok, Shauna, Momma Sue is about to speak....leave something undone today. You don't have those babies for long, and you don't have to be super "MOM". Sit down, put your feet up and read a book. You can clean when you are old!

suzspeaks said...

You're funny! OCD is ok sometimes - but you should just not worry about the house ALL the time (like Joey does!!) You are a wonderful wife & mommy - that is all that matters. It is SO HARD to juggle it all - but you're right there's not much to be cut!

I wish I could hire a cleaning lady too!!