10:29 AM

Jailbird Joni

Posted by Shauna |

In keeping with the theme of the week - this entry is dedicated to Joni. First let me note that "Girls Weekend 2006" was me and Joni's idea...we were talking one day and decided that we MUST do this...and we have been super excited ever since. I really dont have many pictures of Joni by herself so I am going to post this one...Joni is right above my head (aren't I so cute in my overalls and hemp choker?) with the black, grey and white shirt on.

Title of Post Explanation: Joni worked at Cahoots (a local cajun type restaurant in Abilene) when we were freshmen - In an work related incident, Joni landed herself in jail! I will let her give the details if she wants but through that incident she became the rebellious, jailbird of the group...if you know Joni, you know what I mean! :)
Anyhow - Joni has such great, contagious energy. She has always been so full of life and joy! There are people out there that you just feed off of their energy...and Joni is one of those people. She lives up in Arkansas right now with her husband Beau...and we are trying to talk her into moving back to Texas...it just makes sense...MOVE BACK JONI...MOVE BACK!! I think that we will be able to talk her into it this weekend! I love Joni. Being so far away has put physical space between us but the second we get on the phone or see each other - we both realize that there is no space at all. We pick right up as if no time has passed.

4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

You look super cute in your overalls!!!! Ha!!!

29again said...

Hey...thanks for the sweet comment. I hope it wasn't made ONLY because you were drunk on your whole bottle of wine. ha ha I feel a little bit better and I only caved a little and called her one time. Yeah I got voicemail. blah

Mere Ware said...

I love these posts Shauna! I just got back from Ruidoso and it was a great break but I am soooo ready for this weekend! I can't wait! I am jealous of your idea...my blog sucks. (especially since I haven't posted in like 2 weeks.)

Anonymous said...

i agree with mere her blog does suck right now!! so do something about it mere! love ya- anyway i love that the blog on me is all about me going to jail and then moving to arkansas. now ya'll know the real reason i left texas- to run away from the law!