4:25 PM

Mere Ware

Posted by Shauna |

Today's entry is dedicated to Meredith. I know that I downloaded this really cute picture of the two of us but I cannot find it - so this picture is of Meredith, Audrey and myself - with our dates for our Formal our sophomore year. We were so cute! Audrey is next up on the posting list. I have so many memories with Meredith that crack me up - just thinking about it. I think that Meredith almost hated me when we first met because I am under the impression that she also had a thing for Heath...the boy that I liked also...but she forgave me when he didn't like EITHER of us and we became the best of friends. Here are a couple tidbits of memories that you may or may not think are funny depending on how well you know us. One night, Mere and I decided that we should go to Walmart and buy me some rollerblades so we could go rollerblading. Well, we were college students, so the quality of rollerblade was maybe not the best. I think that they cost $20 or less. I rollerbladed out of Walmart and we drove home. Well, we decided that it would be a great idea to rollerblade across Abilene to Mark's house - also pictured to the far left. It was the most aweful decision ever. I walked the second half of the trip...nearly in tears...there is a little more to the story but the end result was her and I being driven home rather than skating!
Meredith became one of my best friends through college - I lived with her and her parents for a few weeks during summer school - I even got over my cat allergy for a few weeks. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding. And, one of the coolest things is that our husbands really get along. That is kind of weird. I don't have too many friends that our husbands are really excited when they get to hang out together. I hope that does not insult any hubbies out there....Ryan and Kip just have a special bond...strange as it may be! Hey Mere - if Ryan wants to come over and help Kip this weekend with the kids, he is welcome to!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shauna i am loving your blogs!! these are great!! i have a rollerblading story with mere too!!:) we will share more later!

Mary Beth said...

Finally, someone I know! I do love all the stories even if I don't know everyone. The pictures are cracking me up!

Mere Ware said...

I know there are some quality pics of me out there so I appreciate you posting this one. I may also remember a story about one animal cracker ending up on some boys truck??? I don't think that was me, never mind!