8:42 AM

SaladMaster

Posted by Shauna |

A few weeks ago, Kip told me that he met a guy through a networking meeting that wanted to come to our home and make dinner for us. He, of course, was selling something, but we really didnt have any idea what it was and we need free dinner cooked for us any time that we can get it.

So - Mike came over last night and got all set up in our kitchen - with lots of cool pots and pans and I realized what he was selling. Then, he proceeded to cook, "fried" chicken, veggies, salad, potatoes, and cake. Here is the deal though - he didnt use a bit of oil in the pan - no bredding for the chicken - the left all the peels on the veggies and did not cook them in water - he put carrots, potatoes, and celery in the cake - and it was the most delicious cake ever!! It was so good. SaladMaster is a line of cookware that is very fancy!! Kip and I were both sold!!!!! Here is the kicker though - the set that we would like to have is around $3000. (they finance) And that includes like 7 items. Ouch. BUT - they offer a lifetime warranty AND you can even will the set to your children and they can use the lifetime warranty. HMMMMM........ So - we are really trying to decide on this cookware. Here is their website ... www.saladmaster.com

It is hard to see the value when you haven't eaten the food and actually seen how the food is prepared with it. The focus is on keeping the nutrients in food and not having to use water and oils which, of course, make our food a little worse for us. I was shocked to see some of the things that he showed us.

Anyhow - We are going to have a little dinner party in a few weeks with some of our friends - Kristen - you are coming - so he can cook for everyone and show off his product. He is a really nice guy and not pushy at all so dont worry if I invite you!

Ok - come forth with the opinions!

5 comments:

Annie said...

vegetables and cake don't go together. but don't listen to me, i'm a sucker for "real" carrot cake.

The Adams Family said...

I think 3 grand is nuts for any pots n pans. Think carefully if you really want to spend that on 7 pices of cookware(How long will you be paying on it?) or pay for a year of state college for a child. Yikes.. I can't believe they even can charge that much. I love you and you can cook healthfully with normal pots. Hugs! kc

Becks said...

It might be worth it if you are going to cook everyday, 3 times a day, for the rest of your life. shauna in the kitchen, hmmmmm.....bantos:)

Anonymous said...

Whoa money bags!! Can I borrow $1000? Just send a check up when you get time!! Love you

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I came across your blog through a series of missteps...I won't bore you with that...but I will tell you this...my son is a chef...he believes in healthy eating...always cooks with natural ingredients...and you too, can cook healthy with any types of pans...you just need to know the proper way to do it...I looked at the web-site for these pans...if you will check out the site and look under the Quality Craftsman page...and their guarantee...notice they never mention what types of products they use in their design...they just tell you how their team closely monitors the assembly and production....I can tell you what most professional chefs use...and it is not saladmaster...I like the other gal think that $3,000.00 is a lot to spend on pots and pans...if you want an exceptional set of pots/pans...check out All-Clad...it is the products that most chefs prefer...they are easy too maintain...but should always be washed by hand as with anything you want to have a long life...Again..you don't know me from Adam...and I probably shouldn't be tossing in my 2 cents worth...but I hate to see young folks that are creative and caring people...be sold on a product that is highly overpriced...they are counting on you to buy and FINANCE your product through them...I think they make most of their money from lending you money...again any pot or pan that is stainless steel (not aluminum clad)...around 5 to 7 ply is best...I think...Cuisanart has a very good set and they are less expensive than all-clad...but aren't as good quality as A.C....if you cook A LOT...go with the All-Clad...you can buy one piece at a time...if you are like me and cook weekly but not all the time...then go with Cuisanart...my opinion of course.

Sorry...non of my business...just wanted to let you see another side...but hey...you got a free meal...and met a really nice person...so hopefully that will be to your advantage...and you can have a nice get-together with your friends...

A Mom....who cares