I know that is not even a funny thing to say but I am at that last straw right this second, and I think it might be theraputic to write about it. I started the bed-time routine at 7pm tonight. I know that sounds a little early but everyone is tired and nasty plus that is Macy's normal bedtime. I have been up and down the stairs about 30 times tonight and I am not exaggerating like I tend to do - I re-constructed the crib - Chase sat at the top of the stairs for about 45 minutes crying - Macy is now down on the couch - she will not stay in the big girl bed or the crib and I am in tears. Kip had something going on tonight so he is not here to have that stern, manly, dad voice that they actually listen too... My back is aching from painting the girl's new room today - which may-as-well not even exist since they won't even sleep in it.

Pray for patience when you have a chance. And for precious angelic children tomorrow. I need it. Badly.

5 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I think you need a massage, and Kip needs to hurry home and give the daddy talk!

RyAnn said...

I feel your pain!

Staci said...

Yikes! I hope you made it thru the night!

LCFrohm said...

This is exactly why I will be moving to Dallas while Rob's in Iraq for 4 months. There is no way I wouldn't end up killing my kids or myself if I was all by my self for over 120 days. Grrrr!
I'm glad I'm not the only crazy mom out there.
INVEST IN CHILD PROOF LOCKS! That's what's on the boys door, so once they're in their room- they can't get out. Granted they do scream. But they can't come out to bug me. :) Okay- maybe I'm a worse mom than you. :(
Lins

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

Yikes! Send them over in the morning after a bad night. It'll give you a nice "time out." (I have to give myself time-outs often!)