11:07 AM

Welcome 2008

Posted by Shauna |

I was going to post last night to put some closure to 2007 but we decided on dinner and a movie instead. I figured that I could do it today. First, let me say that we saw P.S. I Love You last night and it was okay. It was kind of long and had some awkward parts but I cried a little and laughed a little and so did Kip...well, not the crying part. Actually, I dont think he liked it at all, so good luck convincing your husbands on this.

I have been very busy the past few days with a lot of family in town. We celebrated my grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday and I spent a lot of time over at their house visiting with aunts, uncles and cousins. They had a house-full and we had a lot of fun! I have some pictures...but once again - I have to load them on Kip's computer first.

Also, we have had a few HUGE things happen over the past few days.

1. Kip has finished our HUGE Children's Addition to the house (AKA: Playset in the backyard)
**Will have a picture soon

2. Macy is potty trained...pretty much

3. I have decided that I am going to win the sweepstakes for the HGTV Dream Home giveaway - so please dont enter. We will hopefully be moving to Florida to live in our new free home with our new GMC Yukon in a few months. How amazing would that be?!?

4.Hmmmm...what else? I have felt like I had a ton to post about. So - really, there is not too much going on here.

2007 was a roller coaster of a year for us. I am happy to put closure to it. It seems so silly to say that because time is so relative... but since it exists - so be it - Today we can start fresh! For 2008, I see great things happening! I have a few main focuses for 2008:

1. My personal relationship with Christ and experiencing its growth like never before. I will be spending more time talking with God, listening for Him, and surrounding myself with more people who are in the same place or want to be there. The great thing about this relationship that is different from any other is that I dont have to worry about being let down at all. How great is it to have a guarantee in this world when you can't find one anywhere else. This has always been something that has been important to me but there have been many moments of neglect. I know the difference that this element makes in my life and I want to have life full to the brim this year.

2. I feel like some of the changes that we made in 2007 are going to allow me to start 2008 out focusing on my family with full force. It is great to be at home with the kids and be involved in each day as life changes. I have also been able to spend my time and energy on my marriage rather than my job. So I plan to continue growing my family and my marriage with every bit of effort that I can muster up!

There are a bunch of other things that I am going to work toward in 08 but I will save those for later posts...it will give me time to work out the details!

I hope that you each learned something from 2007 because isnt that what life is all about? Learning from our triumphs and mistakes. Making the life changes that are necessary to grow and change into something better than we were before.

10 comments:

The Beasley's said...

Great post! So inspiring! I'm 100% with you about a deeper relationship with Christ. I've joined a bible study on Wednesdays, and I got myself an accountability partner. We're reading through a devotional book called "The Power of a Positive Mom." We can discuss prayer requests and praises, and we can pray for one another. It's lovely! But I find I struggle at sitting down everyday and really having a one on one with God. That's my goal. Sorry this comment is so long...you just got me thinking about what I want from 2008 :-)

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Hi! Happy New Year :)

Let me know if you want help w/ your header :) I like the black background!

(FYI-my computer is @ apple but I can do a header from work)

Anonymous said...

Noise looks great!! I still remember how painful mine was - I was crying ;(

Miss ya lots and call ya tomorrow!

-Jenn B

Anonymous said...

Wow, um, "nose"!! It is VERY late and I am VERY stupid - lol.

Ledbetter Fam said...

I'm proud of you for desiring a stronger, more intimate relationship with Christ. I am constantly working on that (I guess we always will). It seems the closer I get, the more I want of Him. Isn't that great!!! I, too, will be working on spending some more one-on-one time with Him. Love you!! It was great to see you on Sunday!

JB

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Yes, girl, please post your pillows!

The Murray Crew said...

Great start to 08! Found you from Suz's blog and just had to comment on such a beautiful blog and gorgeous family. Keep livin' for HIM!
Jen
aka quatro mama

Anonymous said...

Good post Shauna. I love you. I'm proud of your goals for 2008! I know the Lord will take care of you and your family.

suzspeaks said...

I'm jealous I didn't get to see you at church!!!

I like this post!

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

I read this post and just thought about how lucky we are to live next door to such great neighbors. This was inspirational, thanks.

Oh, and we loved the Amish friendship bread...it's already gone! And I'll cross my fingers that everyone sleeps through the night :)