I have always heard horror stories about in-laws. And it makes sense that many of them are true. But I just dont have that problem. I have lots of other problems but the family that I married is wonderful! :)

Yesterday, my father-in-law called to see if the kids needed a few hours of Opi-time on Thursday. And...well, yes...as a matter of fact, they did! Whattayaknow...

So, the little ones went with Opi for a few hours this afternoon, I got a little work done and regained just a little bit of my sanity.

But also, while I am on the subject of in-laws. Let me just make note that I have an amazing Mother-in-law. Her and I hold some very similar qualities and I find myself talking to her like one of the girls most of the time. With her and my mom as examples, you would think that I would really have this mom thing down! :)

I also have some amazing Sisters-in-law...or sister-in-laws...something like that - you know what I mean. I have always had a special bond with KC since we met. We have had our kids together and her family is just so special to us. Then, Courtney - Kip's little sister - has become one of my very best friends over the years. She just adores our kids and overflowing with love for her family!

Now - dont get me wrong - we have our ups and downs - and I am sure there are days that they think - what was Kip thinking marrying this lunatic - but when it comes down to it - I feel so blessed to have married a family that I can call my own. They are amazing.

****

On a completely different note.

I have decided to document my weight loss through pictures of my face every day. I thought that on every Friday - I will do a little daily timeline of my face getting skinnier. IT WILL GET SKINNIER!!!!!

Should be fun!

So - I have three pictures already and will take one tomorrow. So - you will only get 4 pictures this week but it should be fun! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just wrote a post about my not-so-awesome in-laws. I'm glad yours are great. I think having them close by helps with the relationship because you can actually get to know one another. Most people aren't so bad if you get to know them :)

(came here through Kris's blog)

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

So, you can tell weight loss in your face too!?!

When I was 36 weeks preggo with Bubbalu I looked like the Michelin Man...that MAY have been enhanced by the 20 lb water weight gain too, but whatever ;)

Anonymous said...

You are lucky. I have to beg and plead for my inlaws to take the kids.

I'm not to fond of my mil. She plays favorites with the kids and I don't think that's cool. She also is very condesending towards me. I get criticized if they come over and the house isn't spotless. I have 4 children, my house is NEVER going to be spotless.

You are so lucky! It's always nice to have a break from the craziness.

Oh and I love the idea of a photojournal of your weightloss! Maybe I should do that.

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

I lucked out in this department too...but, I don't know if I consider myself lucky or just plain smart. I would never marry a guy without meeting his family--too many strings attached!