11:32 PM

It is 11:32pm

Posted by Shauna |

I am usually sleeping right now. Soundly. At least for a few more hours before one of the kids comes in to wake me up for something stupid....like milk in a sippy cup...or growing pains. Ok, growing pains aren't stupid but I am just a little over them. Chase should be like 6 feet tall by now.

I have a headache {AGAIN}and I was lying in bed wondering why I can't get rid of my headaches. So - I thought I would come down and blog about it. Hmmm...is this a problem. Not sure. But I have a few ideas on the whole headache thing.

1. I am dehydrated. I dont drink nearly enough water. I just dont like it that much.

2. I am on caffiene withdrawls. We go through periods of having Diet Dr. Pepper in the house. Then we go through a week or two without it. I dont know if this could really give me a headache but I just think it might be a cause. I still drink coffee nearly every morning...about 3 cups. :) {We can call that cause #2b}

3. Crazy pills. I started them up again a few months ago and they have been wonderful. But - I am not great about taking daily medication, and if I skip a day - I seem to get really bad headaches. I was on Lexapro before and it was better than this off brand of Zoloft...I could miss a day and it wasnt that big of a deal. It seems to be pretty major if I skip a day on this stuff. But - it is a $20 price difference and that could cause a bit of a headache too.

4. Sleep deprivation. I havent gotten 10 full-uninterupted nights of sleep in about 7 years.

5. Last but not least - I blog too much. The ultra-violet rays from the computer screen are seeping into my brain and giving me a headache....Along with the fact that I need my coffee with my morning blogs...I dont want to drink too much water so I dont have to get up from the computer. Diet DP is for the afternoon blogs. Crazy pills for the kids that I have to blog about. And sleep deprived because I am up at 11:45pm BLOGGING ABOUT THIS!!!!!

I mean really...

Makes you think...

Ok - I am going to go up to my cozy bed and go to sleep.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here I am reading this at 11:30pm when everyone else is sleeping, and I should be sleeping too because we all know the baby is gonna wake me up too early.

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

So for every one cup of coffee I think you're supposed to drink 2 glasses of water, since coffee dehydrates you!

The computer screen puts off UV?

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Here's an idea for water - I hate it too - I drink the sparkling water that is flavored. It is carbonated and comes in all flavors. It costs about 50 cents a bottle but it is the ONLY way I'll drink water. Growing pains - I can remember having them and being so miserable and my mom just brushing it off. I used aspercreme for Robin and it helped. Lexapro. I love Lexapro. And caffeine, yes you can definitely have withdrawal headaches from caffeine.

April said...

I think all those reasons could lead to a headache. You need any headache med with caffeine in it. Than you won't have t wonder if it is lack of coffee or DDP.

Christina said...

I don't like water, either! So boring... plain water. I got Crystal Light and Country Time Lemonade packets to put in my water. I know it's not exactly the same as water - but it's better than nothing. :-)
And about the crazy pills - totally get that! Who doesn't miss a day of meds here and there?!?
I hope you got some sleep last night!!!

Marcy Massura said...

Its the meds. One day off Zoloft and your head rebells....so wake up and take a pill with a cup of coffee, followed by a liter of water, Diet Dr. Pepper and Tylonel PM tonight to get some sleep.

I will bill your insurance, but please don't forget your co-pay on the way out!

:)

Anonymous said...

You are going to start feeling SO great now that you are working out.

Hang in there. If you can just get over the hump of the "not fun" part of going, you'll get addicted to that instead of everything else.

Kristen said...

It probably is all that computer time. I get tension headaches when I get OFF the computer. Seriously. But I'm kinda interested in those crazy pills too. You know, because my life is crazy.

You can so relate :D

Kelsie said...

Thanks!!! Ive really enjoyed trying to find my creative side haha I have some big shoes to fill with all of yall being so good
Thanks

Anonymous said...

It is the off brand Zoloft.

And no, the computer screen does not give off UV.

:)

the deKorne family said...

It's because I stressed you out so much changing my mind!!! I have had a headache since last Wednesday, too-and all the fun pills to fix it are off limits right now. My body laughs at Tylenol. Hope you feel better soon..I think water is overrated. Dr. Oz said so, too. Surely I get enough water in my Diet Coke to sustain me. Take care!

Heather J. said...

Crazy pills.
I.Need.Some.Of.Those.

I'm gonna try and email you.
Cross your fingers,
but don't hold your breath.

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Maybe you could wear polorized sun glasses while blogging...cause I don't think life will be much fun without your interpeeps ;)

Just a thunk.

Jennifer S said...

If only I could get a tan from the UV rays while blogging.

I would say any of those reasons could give you a headache, but #3 (having been there, with the meds) is a likely culprit.

Definitely, I spend too much time at the computer and should get more exercise. And water. It's so funny that you don't want to have to get up from the computer. I thought I was the only one!

Thanks for stopping by my place and for your comment. I've added you to my reader now.

Tanja said...

Hi there. First timer here. I stalked over from Kristen at THAT family. Hope you got some zzzzz's. I can't believe it'd be a dehydration thing. I am perpetually dehydrated and never get headaches. But I would drink more water... if only I had some crazy pills to wash down.

Don Mills Diva said...

If blogging and computer use cause headaches I should be completely immobilized!

Hope you got some sleep. Thanks for dropping by - I can't believe I haven't seen your blog before - it's darling.

Stephen + Lauren Reber said...

No, let's not blame it on the blogging...always, always, blame it on the kids and those uninterrupted nights of sleep. Blogging is therapy.

TroubleX2 said...

When my hormones get out of whack, thats when I get a real mind-jarring headache. Birth controls pills used to do that to me and I'd have to get them adjusted.Now I've had a hysterectomy and OUCH!! I wish they would get the dosage right in a hurry.

I'm on the computer too much also :)

Hope it gets better soon for you!