was yesterday.. It was good. I know a lot of amazing mothers - I feel pretty lucky that way.
But I also learned a few things yesterday - maybe "learned" isn't the best word - but was "reminded of" and "encouraged" with a few ideas yesterday. We had a few moms speak at church and they had some good things to say - here is a small rundown of what I took away!
1. I do not have to be perfect and have it all together as a mom. That is not what God intends for motherhood to be about. Rather...He is perfect. He has it all together. So I can mess up and not mess EVERYTHING up! :) What a relief, huh. Although - we all know I am pretty close to perfect in the mom department! :) Totally kidding. Laugh. You know you are laughing. I have issues with striving for perfection and I think God is using motherhood to teach me that I cannot be perfect at this whole life thing - no matter how hard I try. So - stop trying. And let Him be in control of it all.
2. Cherish the little moments. All the moments. Even the bad ones. My kids are just darling but some of the "moments," I feel like I could do without. But when I think a little harder on that...If something tragic were to happen within my family - I would be devasted with myself for not treasuring EVEN the obnoxious, lousy moments. At least I have them. So I am going to try and be better at this.
3. Seek wise counsel. I know many moms that have done this journey...and done it well. I have my mom, Kip's mom, my grandmothers, aunts, my church family, my friends, and even you people. :) JK! I do consider you my friends. You are here in the trenches with me and I am blessed to have you to turn to with my struggles and triumphs as a mother! I hope to constantly seek advice from others with this whole mom thing.
4. Find joy and rejoice in all things! I think that it is easy to get in a rut of feeling like we are taking on the world as moms. The poor poor pitiful me dance... We do a lot. It is understandable. BUT! God planted a seed in me when I was very young that I would be a mom. My life-long friends can tell you that has always been in the stars for me. Well, here I am. Living what I truly believe that God created me to do. So.....What joy! How great! I have arrived! :) Rather than get down - I am going to make an executive decision to take joy and pride in where I am!
Ok - anyway! Being a mom is special and important to me - I thought you might want to hear a little bit of why! Hope all of you were celebrated on this special day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Stop trying to be perfect...yes, I love it! That's why the kids have toaster waffles for dinner. Nice list. Thanks for visiting.
Thanks for sharing the things we all know but we all need to be reminded of. Good job Shauna!
Shauna, I'll let you know when I get something up. THANK YOU!!!
Your designs are looking so so good.
Thanks for encouraging the moms to take joy in our jobs. It is a decision sometimes.
Great advice! :-) I'll try to appreciate the tantrums, spilled drinks, and accidents... you're right, I'd miss them if something tragic happened...
Thank-you.
Thanks for visiting me today. (The comment after yours is really good, you might want to return.) I am feeling better, and that post came out of what was a 'normal' cycle- but I think we all feel those things from time to time. It is however comforting to know that others feel the same way sometimes!
I need to be reminded, too.
Thank you...
And now tell me how much I owe you!!!!!
I can not tell you how much I love your designs, each week when I look at the other blog, I am just delighted!
What a sweet post - sounds like you got some great advice!
I think that's nice.
Now that mother's day is over and everyone has gone back to treating me like normal, that is exactly what I needed to read :)
Post a Comment