2:57 PM

Ahhhhh.......

Posted by Shauna |

I just got a visit from the A/C Repair Man! Our 1st floor has been M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E for the past 2 months or so and I just couldn't stand it any longer. It's not really in the budget but whatever - it had to be done!

This is the last week of starvation and such before the reunion. I joke. I joke.

But I am excited to see some of my old friends this weekend. I am begging and pleading with Czarina to come home for the reunion. She is in Miami doing Clinicals right now but - I cannot imaging going to this thing without her. If I do, here is what I will hear at the reunion:

"Oh, hi Shauna...where's Czarina?"
"Hey Shauna...where's Czarina?"
"OMG Shauna...you are such a hot mom, where's Czarina?"

And so on....

You see, she and I .... we were attached at the hip through Jr. High and High School. I didn't ever feel like I needed to fit in with everyone else because she GOT me. I didn't have to get into drugs and alcohol because I had a friend who I could sit around the house with watching movies or singing karoke....with some eggrolls on the side of course. I truly pray for this for my kids. A best friend. I think it makes all the difference in the world when you are growing up. Just to have someone you can trust who is focused on the same things that you are.

So - anyway - let's pray she makes it in from Miami. I need her here.

Ok - well I need to get back to "work." Love to you all this wonderful Monday!

8 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Don't worry, I always knew you were sarcastic :) Must be because I am too!

My "starvation diet" consists of the same foods too! Cheerios and coffee with creamer for breakfast!

Anonymous said...

Oh thank heavens for a/c. Am I right? Am I right??? Can I get an amen? But seriously, I never felt like it was that bad.

And *giggle at the hot mom comment...

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I had the same sort of friend in school, and totally praying for that for my boys!

Hope you 2 hotties get to go to the reunion together!!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Best Friends are good to have. I had a fair amount of them in high school, and as I've gotten older I've made more girl friends. I would pray the same thing for mine if I had them.

You'll have fun even if she's not there!

Kristi said...

Glad you have her. And possibly even more glad you have A/C. :)

Joni said...

Shauna I love my blog!! You are amazing(which we already knew)!! Now I need to do another post on "My Definition of a True Friend...Shauna" Love ya friend!!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh, I hope she can come. I know you want that so bad. Have fun, you hot mom!!

JB

Anonymous said...

LOL! You are Czarina were attached at the hip. Great best friends! I hope that she can make it. I just signed up to go this week... I'm a little anxious about going. :)