1:45 PM

School's OUT for summer (to be sung)...

Posted by Shauna |

Well, Summer is finally here. (Summer break at least). The temperature has been summery enough for the past month or so. We are embarking on one of the busiest Junes ever! This past weekend included a wedding shower on Friday night. Wedding reception on Saturday night. Rest on Sunday.

This week, Mackenzie has Summer School. Yes - my friends - Kindergarteners can go to summer school. She is just doing 1 hour a day for 4 days this week. And she LOVED it today. That is pretty HUGE for Mackenzie. It just goes to show that she learns so much better in a small learning environment. I haven't gotten into this too much on here but we are currently in the lovely process of testing for some possible learning disabilities. She is such a sharp kid - but with two years of Kindergarten under her belt, she is clearly struggling because of something that we are not addressing. So....I will keep you all updated on that.

Next week, we have VBS at church. If you live around the area - we would love you to participate with us - it should be a BLAST!

The following weekend, I have my 10 year HS reunion. We have events on Friday and Saturday.

Then we have vacation to Destin,FL. So excited to see my parents and my sisters!

July will slow down. Thank goodness...but June is just a little nuts.

I didnt go to the gym all week last week but I am going to get my rear in gear this week - Ok...I really dont have too much to say right now - I feel like I am rambling. Imagine that. Have a happy Monday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get to the testing, if you have questions, holler. I've been that route and try to stay updated. Don't panic - Robin has numerous learning disabilities but she also has her master's degree. It CAN be done!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Hang in there during the craziness!!! Also...feeling MUCHO jealous re your nice weather...we're still in the 50's and raining-boo!

LCFrohm said...

Wow-ya'll have some crazy stuff going on in June.
Keep us posted on Kenzie. We'll keep her in our prayers.
And I can't wait to see pictures and hear all the gossip from the reunion.
Yeah for summer!!

annalee said...

happy for y'all that it's summer time and that mackenzie's first day of summer school went well. if you ever have any questions and a kinder teacher opinion would be helpful i'm glad to help!

Kristen said...

Holler if you want to talk about the whole process we went through with Emma.

g. girl said...

hi! i'm guen, from gj spiller photography. thanks for the lovely blog design. love it.

i am also a teacher, and just so you know, we ALL have learning disabilities to a degree. some people are more logical than others, hence some people are more visual and hands on...etc. that's good that you're getting your child tested early. it's all about finding out strategies on how to adapt and adjust to our strengths and weaknesses. that's all...

thanks again, for my design! we'll be in touch...

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I'm tired just reading about your June!

robin said...

atleast you are a good mom and catching the possible LD's early!

sounds like you'll have a fun month. You forgot to mention relaxing at the pool sipping an adult beverage!

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

June is a little nuts for you--can't wait to hear all about it as it unfolds!!