If it was financially feasible for your family: Would you chose to stay at home with your children rather than work?
Yes, for as long as I could! 56 (76%)
Nope! 3 (4%)
Yes, for a few years while they are young. 14 (19%)
I really love that 3 people said "Nope." Because I was honestly on that team for so many years. I felt like there were certain women that God created with a greater dose of patience and ability for staying at home with their kids. I still don't disagree with my stand that I had for so many years. But God changed my heart. Slowly but surely. To be part of the 76%.
Over this past year of staying at home - I decided that my reward for these first few years of being at home with the kids...will be to have the following 15 years of being a SAHM as well!
Granted, I still work. Hard actually. But I am convicted that I will never work outside of our house for someone else. Ever again.
Thanks for participating. I am working on another one right now.
4 comments:
Shauna, I love your surveys and your post at the end. Very fun!
Hey Shauna... I'm sure you know what I think on this issue!!! I've been a SAHM for 22 years now and not only would I do it if it was financially 'feasible' We chose to do it even when most people would have thought it wasn't feasible! We didn't go to movies, out to eat, buy soda's, some times we only had one vehicle, a couple pairs of shoes and no fancy vacations,etc... I'm here to tell you, it wasn't easy, but we'd do it again in a heart beat!!! My children agree (at this point in their lives) that it was worth not having the life style others had to have our family! We're not as ready for retirement as I'd like to be, but I still have a lot of good years to make money if that's what I need to do (it's not really my plan, but I'm open to it after Rian graduates) The one thing that being a SAHM has taught us is that God is always faithful and He alone provides all things!!!
I sure am blessed that you are a SAHM. It's easier having company huh!
Being a SAHM is the hardest job I've ever had and sometimes it's tough making it work but I do love it. God provides all of our needs, some of the wants, and the power to be ok with the rest. (At least that's what I tell my self on the bad days!)
Post a Comment