Goals are a big deal to me.
I like them. I think they are important. And I think it is important to write them down. You may disagree with me (it probably isn't be the first time) - but anyhow. I do goals.
Kip & I like to focus on a few areas:
1. Faith
2. Family
3. Fitness
4. Finance
5. Fun (we added this one a few years ago)
We will be sitting down this weekend to do ours together. But I wanted to go ahead and put a few out there in the blogosphere for your reading enjoyment and my accountability:
- I have to lose weight. I. Have. To. I am the heaviest and un-"healthy"est that I have ever been in my whole life. Except when I was pregnant with Chase...those 9 months took the cake. Literally. I need to loose about 20-30 pounds. AND I want to do it in the healthiest manner possible.
- I plan to sit down at the same table to eat with my entire family at least 5 nights a week.
- Take a vacation with my husband.
- Continue to grow burbmom.net - I would like to see burbmom.net go live in at least 20 other suburbs in 2009.
- Work less. I love doing blog designs so much but I was so under-priced in 2008 that I worked nearly 365 days of the year and spent many of those days at the computer for 8-12 hours. No, really...I did. Ask my husband and kids...and my 300 PLUS customers. It is important to me to help provide for my family but I need balance. So, please keep those design orders coming, but expect to pay more than $25 for a blog design. :)
- Take at least two Bible studies at church & continue to grow in my faith and listen to God.
- Eat lots and lots of fruits & veggies. I just have a hard time eating well. And rather than eating less, I think I just need to eat better.
Ok, I think that is a pretty good list for today. I hope you have resolutions for 2009! If you want - go over to burbmom.net & share them with us - we are giving away a $50 Target giftcard!!!
Shauna
7 comments:
Hey girl- check out sparkpeople.com.
It's a free site and will help you lose weight. It's awesome! They help you track your water intake- great for losing weight, and even help you count calories and track your fitness goals. All. For. Free!
Fabulous list! Talk about hitting all the important stuff!
I may use your core list to make my own!
:) Happiest New Year to YOU and YOURS!
♥
Love your list and I love you! Once I pop out this baby I'll be on the weight management kick too. Love and miss you.
Love your resolutions. They are wonderful! I wish you lots of luck in working away at them. You can do it! We'll see you again next week at CCDC.
Great list and thoughts Shauna - and yeah start charging more lady - you are SOOO worth it.
Lee
good for you, shauna!!! i am doing something similar in my life, too!
best of luck to you!
(p.s. and i need a blog makeover, for sure; just having problems thinking of design ideas...will get back to ya!)
I like your New Year's Resolutions! I'm the biggest I have been in my life, too, so I joined www.sparkpeople.com online and you can start a little dieting journal, keep track of your food intake and work out, and stuff like that! It's awesome!
And I like the Bible study idea! I wish I could find one for single, twenty-something females! That's something I want to do, too!
Post a Comment